Title of Position:
Position Reports To:
Required license or certification:
Teacher - Special Education (Senior/Supervising)
Hawthorne Country Day School. Manhattan Campus
1 year experience, Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and NYS Office of Professions Behavior Analyst Licensure, willingness to complete Personalized System of Instruction (PSI) training modules, an ability and willingness to train and supervise teacher aides, ability to model appropriate classroom behavior, sensitivity to the communication, academic, and social needs of students with developmental disabilities at all levels of independence.
New York State Teaching Certificate-Special Education and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and NYS Office of Professions Behavior Analyst Licensure.
-School Building Leader (SBL) Certification a plus.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- On-going teacher training and supervision
- Mentoring teachers and paraprofessional development goals
- Conducts individualized criterion referenced inventories of
- behavior repertoires (assessments) for all students on an annual basis.
- Analyzes student progress on a daily or moment-to-moment basis.
- Development of curricula and behavior procedures to be followed in the classrooms.
- Supervises and guides teacher in the application of behavioral techniques
- Ensures that programs are followed, and data recorded appropriately.
- Conducts individual and biweekly classroom meetings.
- Oversees the behavior analysis expertise across a minimum of five classrooms.
- Assess students’ abilities according to their performance of criterion-referenced assessments, authentic assessments, and instructional objectives.
- Constructs on-going analysis of problems and progress in IEP programs.
- Reviews communication, academic, and social progress of student and CSE meetings, annual and semi-annual interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Maintain an up-to-date account of students’ educational progress (IEP updates and student progress reports) and analyzes program data on a daily basis.
- Supervises the Completion of teacher IEP Packets for all students for NY State requirements
- Participates in the preparation of community oriented programs
- Maintains daily attendance records
- Completes data summaries
- Participates in professional staff meetings, behavior analysis courses, and the Personalized System of Instructions training module provided as part of on-going in-service training.
- Maintains communication with families/agencies regarding students’ programs
- Completes summaries of student’s progress four times a year
- Participates in pre-placement screening and evaluations of prospective students
- Ensures compliance with all New York State Education Department regulations
- Attends professional conferences and in-service training sessions as scheduled during the year
- Arrives at work on time everyday.
- Protect the health, safety and welfare of all students at all times, and adequately supervises or arranges for adequate supervision of students at all times.
- Acts as a Substitute Teacher in the event the regular Special Education Teacher is not present.
- Ensures ongoing curriculum development for all classrooms overseen by the Senior Teacher.
- Ensures Special Education Teachers have appropriate curriculum for their students and ensures the curriculum is being used appropriately.
- Parent Education provided as warranted.
- Follows Hawthorne Foundation’s established policies and procedures.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.